I can relate to these thoughts when it came to my dad’s journey with Alzheimer’s. If you are struggling as a dementia caregiver, know that these thoughts are common, so don’t judge yourself harshly.
When you love someone who is living with Alzheimer’s disease, you often feel alone in your thoughts and feelings. You may wonder if anyone else thinks the same thing or feels the same way.
I hope to reassure you and normalize the thoughts caregivers may have while caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s. These are 9 thoughts I had while my mom was living with Alzheimer’s.
1. This is so unfair. Why is this happening to me?
2. She doesn’t deserve this. Why is this happening to her?
3. No one will ever understand what I am going through. I’m all alone.
4. I should be grateful that I still have my mom, but I just want my old mom back.
5. Am I a good daughter? I never feel like I’m doing enough.
6. Why doesn’t this person help out more? They know how hard this is. I…
View original post 172 more words